Website Maintenance Plan Agreement & Registration
This agreement is between Alexis T. Myers and you, the client. The client’s name and business name are specified in the Agreement Form at the bottom of this page.
Alexis T. Myers may be referred to as “I, me, my, her, or she” below. You, the client or company, may be referred to as “you, your, or the client.”
(1) SCOPE OF SERVICE:
You are contracting Alexis T. Myers as a provider of Website Maintenance Services, also known as Website Care Services. Services that are not considered “standard website maintenance” are subject to be charged at Alexis T. Myers’ current hourly rate, and will not be considered part of this agreement.
The Monthly Website Maintenance Advanced Plan Includes:
- WordPress plugin updates are monitored & updated weekly
- WordPress theme updates are monitored and updated weekly (unless it’s a major update, in that case, the theme will be updated following best practices, which is after the recommended wait time to avoid tech glitches and downtime)
- WordPress core updates are monitored and updated following best practices, which is after the recommended wait time to avoid tech glitches and downtime
- Advanced Plan Additions: For e-commerce and other advanced sites (sites with advanced functionality) extra precautions are put in place when performing major updates to your WordPress core, themes, and plugins. Updates are performed on a cloned site in order to catch any tech glitches before they are rolled out on your live site.
- Website cleared & optimized weekly
- Website security vulnerabilities and malware scanning & monitoring daily
- Daily backups (in addition to and separate from any backups your website hosting company does for you) that can be restored at any time
- Website uptime monitoring daily
- Website hosting company liaison – in the event your website is down or having technical problems that require website hosting access, I will act as your liaison and use your bonus 1 hour of technical support time to contact your website hosting provider on your behalf to get your website back up and running smoothly. Any additional hours necessary for this service can be purchased at my hourly rate.
- Monthly report including Google Analytics data (page views, site traffic details, etc.), as well as the details of what’s been done to keep your site updated, optimized, & secure each month
- BONUS: 1 Hour of technical support or minor content updates. Additional hours needed for technical support, content updates, or other website maintenance/management services can be purchased at my discounted hourly rate for website maintenance plan clients. See my current hourly rate info here.
What is NOT included in this plan:
- Website redesign or re-development of any of the pages or the website as a whole. These require a separate agreement and project-based invoice.
- Website functionality additions (i.e. adding blog functionality, event calendar/registration functionality, e-commerce functionality, online course/membership functionality, portfolio gallery functionality, etc.). These require a separate agreement and project-based invoice.
- Website hack prevention service – this is an advanced and extensive service provided by website security experts. If your site gets hacked, I will refer you to and highly recommend Sucuri, a leader in website security and long-standing web design & development industry standard.
- Website hack cleanup service – this is an advanced and extensive service provided by website security experts. If your site gets hacked, I will refer you to and highly recommend Sucuri, a leader in website security and long-standing web design & development industry standard.
(2) WEBSITE SECURITY DISCLAIMER:
The daily, weekly, and monthly website maintenance services I provide contribute to the security of your website. However, website security as a whole requires several different factors from several different sources, some of which include your website hosting company, the strength of the passwords you use, website security prevention best practices, website maintenance best practices, and likely several other factors that I am unaware of.
I am not, nor do I claim to be a website security expert. Yet, I am fully aware of and actively implement several website maintenance best practices that contribute to the website security of all of the client websites I create, design, manage, and maintenance.
Although I implement the best practices in website maintenance that contribute to your website security, you understand and agree that you are fully responsible for the entirety of your website security. You also understand and agree that your website is your property that I simply maintain and manage, and my website maintenance best practices are only a portion of website security as a whole, that you are ultimately responsible for.
You also understand and agree that 100% website security and protection against hackers is impossible to obtain. Even if you pay for advanced preventative website security services from website security experts (which will significantly reduce your chances of getting hacked) hackers are always working to get around any and all protective barriers, no matter how advanced they are, so there is still a slight chance you could get hacked. And if you get hacked with advanced preventive services in place or simply website maintenance best practices, it doesn’t mean the services aren’t working, it simply means the hackers figured out how to get around them.
(3) RECOMMENDATIONS, CLIENT LIABILITY, & REFUSAL OF SERVICES
My right to refuse your business as the service provider:
I only offer website maintenance services to clients who have websites that use WordPress and the Divi theme. This combination allows me the power and flexibility to create custom, user-friendly sites for all of my clients that serve their businesses now and well into the future. And in the event I didn’t design your site, it also makes it easy for me to update and maintain your site so that if I need to make content updates or troubleshoot things, my time (and your money) won’t be wasted trying to learn your site in order to do my job.
I also only offer website maintenance services to clients who use or are willing to switch to Siteground for your website hosting company. I use and recommend Siteground for website hosting because they have one of the best Managed WordPress Hosting plans on the market, excellent customer services/technical support, and amazing features that supercharge your website performance and security.
Your right to refuse my services and client liability:
If you decide not to take my recommendations for website security, website hosting, or website maintenance best practices, you understand that you are responsible for your website’s poor performance, tech glitches, website security vulnerabilities, website hacks, and website maintenance.
If you decide not to use my website maintenance services, you understand that it is your responsibility to take backups of your website (separate from any hosting backups), monitor website security, and manage any and all ongoing functionality of the site.
You also understand and agree that WordPress and the themes and plugins and other software used on the site are updated regularly by their developers, and therefore must be kept up to date on the backend of your website. You agree to and take full responsibility for these updates, and understand that not making these updates could lead to security breaches, hacks, malware, website downtime, and possibly even destruction of the site.
(4) SERVICE EXCLUSIVITY:
For the duration of this agreement, you agree that Alexis T. Myers will be the sole provider of website maintenance services for the website. If a party other than Alexis T. Myers makes changes to the website, any repairs done by Alexis T. Myers will be subject to an additional charge.
(5) COST & PAYMENTS:
The total cost of the website maintenance standard plan is $95/month for advanced websites or $1,045/year (you get one month free when you choose yearly). Your monthly/yearly payment will come out automatically every month/year on the day you make your first payment. You make your first payment by clicking the “Purchase Here” button below only AFTER you have read, understand, and agree to this website maintenance agreement.
(6) BUSINESS HOURS & TURNAROUND TIME:
I will respond to all website maintenance/content update requests within 24 – 48 business hours (Monday – Friday 10:30am – 6:00pm Eastern) via email or text, with a confirmation that the request was received, and an estimated timeframe for the request to be completed.
In the event I have any issues delivering on the quoted deadline, you will be notified via email or text regarding the reasoning for any change.
Your email, contact information, log-in credentials, and any proprietary information (as in trade secrets, know-how, or any other confidential information that is not publicly available) will be kept confidential by Alexis T. Myers and will not be distributed or sold to a third party vendor, competitor, or colleague.
As a client, you may be added to my newsletter and email list but can unsubscribe at any time.
If you decide for any reason that you no longer need my monthly website maintenance plan you can cancel the plan by giving me a ten (10) day written notice via email prior to your next monthly billing date.
At that point, I will cancel your monthly subscription payment and remove your website(s) from my system. I will let you know when your site has been removed and you will then be free to delete any user information you have created for me or change any passwords you’ve given me.
(9) SUBMIT YOUR AGREEMENT:
Completing this form means you agree to the terms of this Website Maintenance Agreement.
(10) PURCHASING THE PLAN:
Please scroll down and click the “Purchase Here” button to proceed with making your first payment to start your monthly website maintenance plan only AFTER you have completed the form above to agree to this website maintenance agreement.
Website Maintenance Advanced Plan
MonthlyAffordable Monthly Rate
YearlyGet one month free!
- Your monthly/yearly payment will come out automatically every month/year on the day you make your first payment.
- Please email me with any questions or problems.